Monday, March 29, 2010

It was one of those days where you just want to go fast

I had a little 3-4h loop to NOTL in mind but when I got outside it was too cold to be spinning easily for that long. I knew I had to stop at the bike shop anyways to get some tubular glue so I took the long way to Clarkson's. From there I went to the Locks climb where I descended slowly to try and stay warm. It was too cold and the tailwind was too strong to go slow at the bottom so I climbed as fast as I could and finished it off with a big ring sprint to get started on a tempo pace.

From the top of the locks to home I put the hammer down. Most of the way was the canal path and with no one to share it with I didn't have to slow down to get by anyone at all. I started to feel it when I got some big crosswinds on Port Robinson but still kept the effort strong.

I was pretty cooked after just over 2 hours, which makes a 24hr six-day stretch. Not bad, this was the biggest week I have ever put on the bike and rest is surely needed. The weeks keep getting bigger in my Base 2 block.

Gluing the tubulars was delayed a day, tomorow the tires will be mounted.

No comments:

Post a Comment