Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yep, race season is here

For everything to go wrong during a week there has to be a race on the weekend. Lets go back a bit for a good recap.

I got the tubulars mounted Tuesday night on the second try and they looked super sexy on my road bike. Big thanks to De Cal for swapping the cassette for me so I can take them out for their first ride yesterday for a 1.5hr loop, but 15min away from home the back tire got soft. By the time my ride came it was completely flat.

I went over to Chown's to see what was goin on and got a 36$ parking ticket for blocking the sidewalk for 5 minutes. After class, I drove to Liberty! and Derek helped me out with some Stan's, the guys there are sick. Nothing worked out so Chown hooked me up with some tubulars and I got those remounted today so I should be good for tomorow.

While they were settling I took the beater out down the Canal Path and L2L stuff to do a quick lap of the Mill trail then I took the roads home. I did a couple sprints to open the legs up and now I'm feeling pretty confident for tomorow.

Got my license from the OCA today to find out that I am signed up for Senior Elite. My receipt sais Sr.Ex so I'm not sure what happened, I thought about it for a bit and was super pumped for a whole 2 minutes to go and get destroyed at Mansfield. I realised that I want to earn my spot in that field and not get in from a typo.

If that was just an April fool's joke then it might take the award for best prank from Rob W.

Exactly 14 hours until the gun (or whistle?) goes off to start the first race of the season.

1 comment: