Sunday, April 4, 2010

Down for the count

I felt much better this morning waking up at 6:30 than the past 2 mornings so I thought that ment today might even be a little better than yesterday. Not the case, by the time we met the group in Fenwick I had already been riding for almost 2 hours but I felt pretty good. We rode pretty hard into the headwind heading west and I started to feel the burn. Once we got to our traditional stop at the corner of some road and some other road the pack split into 2.

The echelon was really starting to kick the shit out of me, I pulled through every time anyways, I should have stuck in the back. Oh well, after a little while I completely blew up and had to drop back... way back and eventually lost sight of them as they were sprinting for signs. I made the wrong turn but was lucky to see another cyclist who was heading to Smithville.

I had to keep my head down in shame as I pulled into the Tim Horton's parking lot because I knew I was going to get it from Chown, and I did. If I could remember what he told me to put as my blog title then I would have made it that, something along the lines of "Riding your bike all the time doesn't do nothing and you don't know how to ride your bike". All in good fun, my boss on the farm sais worse to me when I do a good job.

I'm surprised at the legs I had for yesterday and half of today after Friday's race and being sick. Both days were 4.5hrs each, I think I'm gonna sleep for a few days now.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Hang your head in shame? lol dude I lost sight of the group way before Canborough and was the last one to arrive at the Tim's and I still did the victory salute.
    Have fun riding your bike and don't let the negative criticism get to you.
    Tuesday night world cups start soon.

    ReplyDelete