Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Stay strong through the lows"

I woke up this morning feeling half decent but I knew I was still not well because it was hard to get some breakfast down, when I'm feeling good I have no problem putting down a 5-egg omelet with veggies and some toast. On shitty days I have a hard time finishing a bowl of cereal with some toast. On my way to Jordan I felt even shittier and really didn't think I would make it to the first hill with the group but I pushed through and made it to the top of the first one by spinning a low gear.

Next up was a pretty tough climb called Park and I started to feel really good half way up so I put in a good effort for the rest of the climb but decided not to go up Moutainview to try and maintain my good feeling. That all went for a complete shit when Chown rode by in a group of 8ish and told me to get on, so I tried to bridge for a while and he dropped back at a turn to help me finish the job. I pulled through a few times but that was it, easy spin to Tim's.

On the ride home with Rob W. I was getting very discouraged about how shitty I felt which made me feel even shittier and I was in a downward spiral of shittiness. I had no confidence left in myself until I read the comment from De Cal on my last post, if I keep telling myself that I'm burnt out and I don't feel good then I'll never get out of this rut. It's all about being confident and pushing through the bad times like pushing through a great big pile of chicken manure, just get it done. So screw it, I don't care what my body is telling me tomorow because I sure as hell won't listen. I'm going to put the hammer down until I don't think I can go any longer and then I'm going to go even harder, there's no way I'm coming home tomorow knowing that I didn't put it all out there. If that means getting dropped in the first lap, then so be it.

I don't think I'll be racing the P2A next weekend. I'll be taking Monday off for sure, Tuesday will be an easy ride, Wednesday and Friday will be longer rides, Thursday I might do some intensity and I'm going to go hard on the weekend club rides. The week after I'll see where I am and hopefully hop back in my Base 2 block and we'll see how she goes for Mansfield.

Good luck to everyone racing tomorow at Mansfield, HoN, and Bronte.

No comments:

Post a Comment