Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hit hard

So last time I posted I was feeling pretty good after the race, thought that I had overcome the cold and I can get back in to some quality training and was even considering racing the P2A if things were going well, maybe. Well, later that day I was having the early signs of an ear infection, I'm very susceptible to them for some reason, I wasn't when I was younger. In an hour it had gotten really bad until I got some ear drops and super-knock out advil delivered and I was done for the night.

Monday I woke up very sick; a combination of overtraining, cold (as a result of overtraining), and an ear infection. So for the next 3 days I was coma-toast chillen on a couch. I had the shakes Tuesday night and just felt like a complete bag of shit all week. I guess it came at a good time, even though the weather was nice, it's early in the season, C-priority race on the weekend that I can easily not do, and right between the end of school - beginning of exams.

Doing nothing at all gets you thinking a whole lot and I realised that I was being a hyprocrit when I said that "you're body will tell you everything you need to know" going on about how I don't train with numbers. My body was surely asking for a rest the week of the Good Friday Road when I trained hard through the weekend and last week leading up to the ToB and what do I do ? Ignore it, nice. I'm surely paying for it now though, so I guess I'm not totally a hipocrit. Just gotta add "and if you don't listen, it will kick the shit out of you... from the inside".

Today I didn't feel so bad when I woke up and the weather channel said it was 20 degrees. I decided I would do an hour on the race mtb to get both the bike and the legs spinning. The bolt that holds the bottom pulley of the rear derailleur is stripped and that thing has shark teeth now so it did just over an hour on the road bike and it didn't feel as bad as I thought. Sure didn't feel like 20 though.

Oh and one more thing, I got the best KMC chain for 9 speed last year for 80$ and 2 links broke in a month. I just found another broken one today and I didn't even ride it once since November. Defenitely getting myself some Dura-Ace before the first O-Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment