Thursday, March 25, 2010

Large double double to go please

The first 2 hours of the ride was outside and the second 2 was inside, here is out it played out;

Fueled up with a big hearty breakfast before heading to class, hit the bike shop on the way home, got home and topped up the tank. While waiting for my food to digest I took up my grips that were sliding off on the beater mtb and replaced it with a hagered bar tape job, nothing some hockey tape can't fix. I find it very comfortable, was inspired to do this by De Cal who opted for white bar tape on his mtb... I might do it to my race bike seeing as I still have a whole roll and then some, of black bar tape that is.

Geared up and stepped outside to very little wind and even a bit of sun, stripped off a layer and I was on my way to Port Colborne. It had drizzled a little bit earlier but it didn't seem like enough to get the trails soft. I got into Mud Lake and headed right until a massive wet patch and turned around to see how far I could make it the other way before I had to turn around. It ended up being about the same distance, I was very disapointed to see not one but multiple (they seemed to be fresh) tire tracks. Shame on you. I hoped that I would have better luck in The Hood, same story, rode until things got too soft and AGAIN there were about 4 fresh tire tracks going through some very soft parts. Who likes to ride in the mud when it's freezing cold out anyways? Oh yeah, did I mention that once it started raining again the temperature dropped about 5 degrees. Now I was way under dressed and pissed off that people would actually ride through that shit, time to head home. I opted for the longer way home and included some mediocre iso-leg stuff. I had only been out for 2 hours and I was freakin starving.

Refuelled and swapped a tire while I digested the food, followed by a patch job on the tube I seem to have puctured while swapping the tire. The sticky patch actually worked, I put the road bike together and got on the trainer. The workout went like this;

-30min warm up (not really need having previously rode)
-12x5 min build up to max cadence *hold for 30s*
-spin to loosen the legs a little
-20x45s iso-leg (10 per leg, 15s spin before switching legs)

This added up to exactly 2 hours, I spun the legs a little to clear some lactic acid before heading upstairs for some grub.

Pretty solid day on the bike, some people have some explaining to do to the SHCC on why they like to destroy trails, but that's none of my business. Tomorow is looking like a flat day, if it's nice enough I'd like to do the century route on my road bike. Saturday is Woolverton !

2 comments:

  1. It is your business. Not only are they trails you like to ride but they are trails you helped build.

    And you're right, who likes to ride muddy trails when it freezing cold out? Dummies.

    ReplyDelete