Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nope, not yet anyways

I was in a hurry coming home from class this morning to fuel up and get dressed quickly to squeeze in a 4hr mtb ride in a 6 hour break. At 11 I headed and my class started at 6.

I started off by riding to Cataract and following the ATV trail back towards home to see where it lead to. It took me right into the Pipeline trails in Fonthill, I got into a trail but when it got shaded it was way too muddy. I took a very steep gravel climb back up and headed towards St. Kitts. I took Wiley Rd. to see the if the Short Hills were any good from that entrance, no go. I made my was to the DeCew Mill trail and it was prefect up until the trail after the long gravel stretch along the bay. I like the trail from this way better anyways.

I bombed down the twisty hill on DeCew to check out the 12 mile creek trails, once in the shade there was no way. Same deal for the Short Hills entrance across the street. I didn't mind retracing my steps and having to climb alot, I was climbing pretty well today and managed to keep a good cadence in the big ring when in the headwind. On my way over to the end of DeCew where the bridge is out I couldn't resist another out-and-back on the Mill trail because the trail really gets the heart pumpin. So far this was the only rideable trail and it was nearly perfect.

I by-passed the bridge with the L2L stretch and Merrittville. I decided to go to the old Dump and do a lap of the old St.CCC monday night youth dump races. As I pounded away at the first climb that takes you right to the top of the site I was having some flashbacks of bumpin shoulders with good buddies that I haven't ridden with in a while.

I took the sick descent on the side of the escarpment that takes you to Glenridge then climbed the rest of that road at race pace. I looked at the cell phone and was satisfied that I had been out for 3.5hrs and was still 45 minutes or so from home. I took the L2L stretch all the way into Welland and didn't have enough time to check out those trails along the canal. Oh well, it was a great ride.

I might be forced indoors for the first time in a while, one day this weekend will be for sure for the spin-ups and iso-leg day of the week. If it is cold I can deal with the L2L stretch, maybe even to Port or some reps of the Mill trail. If it rains then trainer it is.

The birds left the barn today so at 8am tomorow morning the shit shoveling will commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment