Sunday, March 7, 2010

Where the hell are those golden arches ???

Just got in from work, I've been home for 1h since 10:15 this morning. Got back from the ride (more on that below) at 4:30 with enough time to refuel, rehydrate, and unstinkafy only to go wash dishes for a while and restinkafy myself.

Was late to get ready again this morning, paps drove me out to Beaverdams so I wouldn't be late for an 11 oclock start chez De Cal. The ride started on a good note when I anticipated AD's turn and when he braked suddenly I tried to do the same. Underestimating my super-human strength, I pulled the cable right out from the "thing that holds it". A quick adjustment back at his house and this time there was no looking back.

Got through NOTL like it was nothing, but the climb up Queenston did hurt quite a bit since I was trying to follow a guy who just came back from climbing in Georgia. I had road tires and he had cross tires though, so it was all good. When we were out in Niagara Falls he told me his legs were hurting a little, no pain had set in for me yet. Maybe the previous week was catching up to him ? NO, the only thing I can do once we got into Fort Erie was stay glued to his back wheel and hope that I catch a glimpse of some god damn golden arches. We stopped for a quick stretch at some bakery, when who do we see ? The same ass hole who drove real close to us and yeld something, I know, a real tough guy. When his hot girlfriend pulled in I could do nothing but smile and look at them. When he tried to give me the good old stare down I gave a friendly wave. He said a few more words that were half english and half high school dropout then headed off.

A few wrong turns later and we ended up in Niagara Falls again, only the outskirts, and took Netherby road right into Welland. Went under the stinky tunnel that reaks like sulfur from a mile away and the 85 sewers and cars going by an inch away at mach 10 made it an even better experience. I started to get a little second wind (leading for 1% of the time will do that). We parted ways in with an unfinished discussion of the Good Friday road race plan.

Was on the bike since 10:30 and home at 4:30. Somewhere around 5h ride time, couldn't ask for a better day to ride in the winter. Tomorow's plan is to get a good ride in before hockey at 3. Let's see if I can get my ass up in time for that.

3 comments:

  1. "half english, half high-school dropout" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on maintaining your blog with aplomb, I rate it the greatest of the Niagara region.
    Will we be in the same start for Good Friday? Are you a cat 3?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks man, I'm Cat 4 for Good Friday, hopefully Cat 3 after that.

    It would be much better if I actually got out of the Niagara region for training ! haha

    Peace

    ReplyDelete