Friday, March 5, 2010

The Big Move

My family is peacin for the week to go to some place hot, so I'm movin in with my other family; The Coach and his boss (I've had questions about this, The Coach is JF Bérubé and his boss is Natalie Labre, former Lake to Lake champion). Gonna be an awesome time. I just finished making the best pasta salad ever that they tought me how to make, the fridge is completely stocked, and I'm ready to start my Base 1.

Yesterday was a day off.

Today I was planning on riding out to Port, doing a couple laps of the Frostbike then retrace my steps. I kept a good speed with the tail wind on the way out. Once on the canal path my speed dropped to about 5km/h. Pretty much unrideable, after 20 minutes of battle I looked back and had only travelled a good 3km. Turned around and the tail wind made it a little worse. Took a nice spill when my left grip popped off for the 4965th time, gonna have to use the De Cal bar tape method. I was unsatisfied with my 1.5h ride so I went for a run, not a jog, a run haha. Felt the left leg get a little stiff so I slowed down and got a couple sets of push ups before heading home.

Just got an email from De Cal, looks like tomorow will be the circle route.

No comments:

Post a Comment