Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Didn't finish this ride with Saylor's

A very rare thing when I make my way to the north, as Jeff pointed out. Yesterday I had intentions on going through St Kitts then making my way to NOTL. Once I climbed Decew (and seen a massive flood on the 8x12) I decided that I wanted to climb a bit more. I headed into Jordan and kept going til I ended up in a township called Tintern, pretty sweet little place. Then from there I didn't know at all which roads to take but I knew which direction to go, I kept going south until I got to the Welland river. I followed that away from home and out to Wainfleet then crossed the bridge and made my home on the other side.

I knew that O'Reilly's bridge was out so it would be a little detour but I still had 45 min to go so that was cool. I didn't realise that the next crossing was going to be all the way back in Welland south. The last 15min of the ride was going through my beautiful hometown. Lots of big names in hockey from here (Paille, Clutterbuck, Bissonette to name a few). Hopefully in a few years we can say the same about cycling.

Just over 3hrs ride time. There were black clouds in the sky but it didn't rain, the wind is still very cold, I was a bit over-dressed in the tailwind and a bit under-dressed in the headwind.

Today is a rest day and the weather is looking primo for this week, tomorow is going to be a circle route and thursday I will be climbing. Hopefully the trails are dry by this weekend, the birds are leaving the barn so my 3-day weekend will be shovelling shit by day and, hopefully, riding by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment