Sunday, March 21, 2010

So now you decide to show up

An extra hour of sleep was needed this morning in order to face the crappy weather, I guess it was inevitable. I took off from my house at 8:15 and did a short loop before meeting what was supposed to be the St. Catharines CC. After waiting around for 5 minutes I started riding up and down Canboro to see if I can see them. I know I didn't miss them this time... What was the hell is goin on ??? Where are those hardcore, ride in any type of weather, nothing can keep me off my bike kind of cyclists ? I'm sure there was a reasonable explanation, but today of all days, come on...

So I thought it was going to be another solo ride into the abyss but on my last pass on Canboro I met up with Max from the club and we waited another 5 minutes before heading out to Smithville. After a little while I started to feel a little bonk coming on, I didn't realise that 3 hours had already passed and I only drank a quarter of a bottle. I took a banana to hold me off until home. Got in just under 4 hours of ride time and half a water bottle down. We did pretty well for two guys who put in big rides yesterday considering how windy and shitty it was.

By the end of the ride my toes were going numb, I've to come up with a new way to keep my booties from falling apart before I head out next time because the electrical tape tightens up after 3 hours of cold and has absolutely no give.

The title is not about the riders but about the sun. Once I got home and thawed out, I looked outside to see the sun shinning somewhat bright and the rain had stopped. Nice.

We talked about a race goin on in Oakville called the Tour of Bronte, gonna check that out. Might go on the race schedule the weekend before P2A. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment