Friday, March 19, 2010

The 2 week countdown

After working from 8-3 on the farm I still managed to pull off some sort of spin-up/iso-leg workout on the trainer. Damn, and it was soooo nice out today to. I defenitely could have gotten the workout done outside. Why did I opt for the indoors ? Maybe subconciously I am still in winter mode so when starting a workout at 5 it is either going to be with the lights or the trainer. I wasn't feeling too good today, I'm pretty sure it's from work more than anything.

The Good Friday road race is exactly two weeks away ! I don't have my race license yet, I haven't glued my tubulars yet, I haven't taken my road bike out yet, and my cassette on the clinchers still needs to be swapped over to the carbon tubs BUT the engine is hot and ready. In the end, that is the most important part. Next week will be a pretty big week, then the week of the race is my R&R week and the last week of my Base 1 block.

Just finished reading Dan Dakin's new Canadian Cyling Magazine and I must say it is pretty sick. It was cool to see a letter to the editor from our very own Rob W. Can someone please tell me where that mistake is ? Apparently there is a mistake in the magazine that was pointed out to Dan numerous times during their trip to South Carolina.

4 comments:

  1. No need to be riding the trainer anymore. It's healthier and more enjoyable to be outside. Even if you start at 5 you can still get in 2.5hr of riding in without lights.

    I can't find Canadian Cycling mag anywhere so I haven't seen it yet. Dan pretty much told me what to write for the letter to the editor lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a copy at my house Rob. I'll pass it along next time I see you.

    The mistake is in the calendar, it says Hardwood was the 1st Canada Cup. It is in fact the 3rd CC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thanks Jeff.

    15$ for a one year subscription WHHAAA !!!

    ReplyDelete