Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time Management

For the first time in while I had to miss a day of riding for school work. I have known for the past 2 months about the 4 big assignements that were all piled together 2 weeks apart. Two months ago it seemed like I had lots of time, same with last weekend, but when you have 2 assignements left to do for the next day and you havent started either of them... There isn't so much time anymore. So Monday and yesterday were days off, although tuesday was supposed to be a rest day anyways so I only ended up missing one ride. I could have avoided staying up very late (well early seeing as it was way into the am hours) by doing one of the assignements today, but that would mean 3 days off in a row. Like that European guy from Family Guy would put it: "Dehr's no hway." So I pushed through and got it all over with, nothing to worry about now until the finals in less that a month.

Today's ride had alot of fast paced climbing, met up with Max Csikos from the St.CCC in Fenwick and from there we went in to Jordan where most of the climbing took place. Not sure what the names of the streets were, they all seem to be named after numbers. After some good tempo back into St. Catharines we climbed DeCew and then headed into North Pelham for some more climbs. From there, yes you guessed it, it was Saylor's Hill. I climbed up as hard as I could before calling it a day. 3.5hrs of riding, not bad.

On another note, De Cal is back from the OCA camp. Now I defenitely need to get the road bike out for this weekend's plan to Woolverton/McNeily/Fifty roads. Tomorow will be mountain biking, apparently the trails in the south are already dry... beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Nice title:
    http://www.belgiumkneewarmers.com/2009/07/time-management.html
    This is the greatest blog ever (except yours lol).
    You feeling good for next week? Riding Sunday? It's gonna be pretty nasty/awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, damn I thought I would be the first to use that title.

    I should be out on Sunday's club ride, don't know about the Good Friday weekend. I should be able to get out for both, that would make a pretty solid weekend with the race.

    ReplyDelete