Thursday, March 11, 2010

Am I lost, ? Nah I'm good, wait a second... shit I'm lost

That's pretty much how today's ride went down. Last night me and The Coach mapped out a ride into Smithville then back into Rockway. I was good for the first hour, a couple wrong turns later and I was way off. That tiny paper in my jersey could not help me anymore. Just me against, well, myself. Made a few more wrong turns and after a quick stop for directions confirmed that somehow, someway I was back on track. "It's just up there past the lumber yard". Sounds easy enough, 20 minutes later I realised I was on my way to Niagara Falls. Luckily I took a complete guess and ended up on Hwy. 20 then I was able to take Twenty Mile rd. to join up with my Silverdale loop.

Spinning felt weird at first, I could feel my knee swaying outwards like it used to when I had the paletofemoral syndrome. My IT Band started to get really stiff on the left side, a quick yoga-pose stretch on the go and I was golden. The wind did a nice little u-turn for me when I got to Silverdale so that I can be lucky enough to have a headwind on the way back as well. Everything went well in the end, got in 3.5hrs ride time.

I got the spin-up/iso-leg workout overwith yesterday since it seemed like the worst day this week for what they are calling for. I find the trainer to be much more effective for those. It was pretty much identical to the last one, but having to switch the movies myself through me off a bit for ride time. Somewhere in the 2.5-3h range. Twas like this;

- 1h high cadence warm-up
- 8x5min build up to max cadence for 30s
- spin for a bit
*change movie*
-spin for a little longer
- 10x30s iso-leg
- spin till you get tired of watching a movie you've seen 12 times

The first movie was Up, yes it is a kid's movie and yes it was awesome. The second was Fool's Gold, good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment