Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Got away

This weekend was nothing but work, farm in the morning and dishwashing at the club at night. The positive side of this is that I have some capital again, but at the cost of no riding.

Had a great ride today around NOTL and whatnot, weather was no nice for a december day, I even seen a guy riding in shorts ! Going through downtown NOTL I did some motor pacing and had a good enough tailwaind to pass a car that was doing 40 and caught the car a little ways up. By the time I got on Lakeshore I had a massive headwing and was just hanging on to 29-30km/h when a guy came by me on an electric scooter "you're doing good" he said. There was no way I was gonna let him get away haha, held his 33km/h pace which was pretty easy with the massive draft. I recovered enough to launch an attack but couldn't hold it up in that headwind alone. Some guy (the one in shorts) met up with us when we went by an intersection he was at, he was feeling pretty good too in that draft, he launched out and I followed... this time we got away haha. 3h of ride time, no bridges up when crossing the canals, great ride.

Everytime I make a protein shake with kiwis it burns my throat a little, they aren't going in the blender anymore. My semester is over for school so now I can ride full time, I mean study real hard, until exams then before next semester.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun ride, drafting is the shit.

    Heard you came by the shop to fill up the bottles, must of just missed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you were out at the new shop takin shit down haha

    ReplyDelete