Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One down, four to go

Got my first of five exams over with today, on to serious matter now...

In this post not only am I going to write down my workout like Peter Glassford but I'm going to give a quote at then end as well like Watson because while I was riding I was watching the Michael Phelps story of the 2008 Olympics that I got for 5$. So here was my workout today (all on the trainer);

- 30min spin for warm-up
- 6x5min build up to max cadence, hold for 30 sec
- 15min spin to relax a little
- 10x1min one-leg (5 per leg) no recovery in between
- 15min spin cool-down

The one-leggers hurt a whole lot, haven't done them in quite some time. Ended up with 1:45, I wanted to go for 2 but I felt a slight pain in my knee so the extra 15 minutes of cool-down wasn't worth it for me. I am following Joe Friel's Training Bible and it sais that I should do 'em at least once a week during my Base period. I was quite motivated the whole time while watching Phelp's races, almost made me wanna hit the pool for some laps.

My coach, JF Bérubé, told me I'm overtraining for this time of year. I'll try and tone it down a bit, for real. Got another exam tomorow morning so I'm going to eat then study... for a bit.

"The reason I win is that I don't like to loose"
-Michael Phelps

2 comments:

  1. You have been riding a lot lately, but if you're feeling good, why not ride a lot?

    That trainer ride sounds a lot like one of mine, but 45 minutes longer. My trainer is yet to be put in front of a T.V. though and movies should help me get up to 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's what I was thinking too, we'll see in the next couple of weeks though...

    You should race this weekend, we can put on a good show with our cross skills

    ReplyDelete