Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Trainer bound....

It seems I am yet again forced to ride the trainer. I have decided not to take out my sexy mtb or road bikes due to road/trail conditions and the only way I can go outdoors is my beater; no chain for it...

After the endurance ride yesterday I decided a spin up/iso-leg interval session would keep everything upbeat. This one hurt;

- 1h warm up spin
- 8x5min build to max cad. (hold for 30s)
- loosen spin till 2:00 mark
- 12x1min iso-leg (6/leg) no recov.
- endurance spin till 3:00 mark (add saddle time)

Iso-legs felt tougher but stronger today. I did this by switching between 2 gears (1 higher then I am used to) and still keep recovery time at 0.

Got work tomorow so I plan on making that a power day by doing an intense set of weights then possibly yoga &/or a 1h spin.

4 comments:

  1. your trainer rides are intense man. I'm not sure I could handle 3hrs.

    The trails are in great shape by the way. Frozen mud with a dusting of snow on top is quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it wasn't for the movies I would never make it.

    Can't wait to get out on the trails, I need to get a 105 chain

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that 1h warm-up and long endurance spins that I can't do on the trainer. My trainer rides are all business: 15 minute warmup at most, get the intervals or cadence workout or whatever done, 10 minute cool-down. That usually means sub 2 hours. I used to do 2+ hours with movies/TV, but I just can't handle it anymore. Props to you for doing it, but I'm going to try to get most of my base done outdoors this winter even if it means riding in -10° or trading the bike for snowshoes on some days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it is very looooooong and boring but as soon as I get a cross bike and a chain for my beater I'll be outside pretty much everyday. I just hate gettin the good stuff all full of winter crud.

    ReplyDelete