Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ok this time I really was skating

Pretty much in the same position as yesterday, waiting for my feet to thaw out. I got out for 4 hours today but probably 3:30 of it was ride time. Woke up at 8 to figure out how to get to Lock 8 park in Port to meet up with Sara from the SHCC for a ride. Turns out it was the easiest shit, just follow the canal path said Jeff K and sure enough that's all you had to do. She drove in, got ready and we headed out.

Got into the trails and they seemed to be perfect until we found our first ice rink when she was leading. There was a good competition for most graceful ice rink crash. She managed to somehow throw her bike out from under her and land sitting down and I had a little burst of speed and was deciding which trail to take when the ice chose for me and it was neither and I flew off the bike but managed a mid-air summersault and landed with no pain at all.

Nothing seemed to be working for me today, drivetrain was all messed up because the chain is brand new and the cassette might be done fore, my fork turned rigid, and my egg beaters ate through the backplate and are starting on my shoes... gotta change those asap.

All in all good day, sun was out the whole time and not a cloud in the sky. Had a sort of bonk on the way home in the headwind, I realised that I don't eat enough before I ride (just a bowl of oatmeal this morning). If I'm going to be putting 3-5hrs 6 days a week, we'll see if I stick to this, I'm going to need alot more fuel.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, on the weekend I had a bowl of cereal. I crashed in 3hrs. Eat Food.

    ReplyDelete