Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Advil or Ride my bike ?

Yesterday I woke up completely congested and throughout the day it turned into a full out cold. The cross race was totally worth it. Took some advil and decided not to ride the bike, haven't had a day completely off where I had no work, training or anything whatsoever to do in a long time.

This morning I was still congested, this time however the advil was substituted for 3:15 on the trainer while watching King Kong. Great movie, didn't expect it to be that good. That movie has just been sitting there for over a year now in my house and I never bothered to watch it. After a warm shower and some stretching all the bad shit was sweated out and now I feel 100% better. There is no cure quite like time in the saddle.

"The helicopters took him down"

"It wasn't the helicopters, it was beauty killed the beast"

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to get you some good trainer material. I just downloaded Paris-Roubaix '09. Its 3hr 15min. Getting some TdF stages as well.

    And take it easy with the training. If you're sick use it as a time to rest not ride for 3 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was actually surprised by King Kong as well. You seriously rode the trainer for over 3 hours? I have never done that in my life, nor do I ever plan to. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete