Monday, December 7, 2009

Birthday gift from mother nature

Woke up this morning a new person, I am now an adult. Well when I woke up it was more like noon then morning, but either way I got my big boy attire on and headed for the open road. The snow had just started to come down a little bit when I left but by the time I got out to West Lincoln it was coming down pretty hard. Stayed seated on all the climbs today and had a pretty quick cadence going up them. The bigger ones were Ninth st., Decew rd., some stuff around the Shorthills, and 3:02 into the ride I climbed Saylor's Hill. After 3:20 of none stop (didn't even clip out once!) riding I got home and refueled a little bit before heading out to Red Lobster with the family. Of course, about an hour after I stopped riding so did the intense snow fall. Finished a lobster/artechoke dip appetizer and their mega platter or whatever it's called, soooo sooooo good.

Shaving my legs is turning into a one week process, 3/4 way done my rigth leg and 1/2 way done my left. It seems that I'll be heading out to Hespeler cx this weekend with "the scrawny cyclist" Rob Watt. Should be an embarassing display of cyclocross skills on my part, all in good fun. I am now officially jealous of DeCal's new cross bike and I am looking for one myself. I was going to bid on an Alan but when I got home but the bid went from 500 to 620, decided to hold off on that one. My exams might keep me off the bike for the next few days... hopefully not.

2 comments:

  1. LOL; the part that you shaved first will have grown back by the time your done the first shave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was affraid of lol. I just finished today, had to take the day off I was so exhausted.

    ReplyDelete