Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's just a little water

Cleaned the heavy out of 2 double floored 250ft. chicken barns over the course of my three day weekend, I need the money so this was good. I guess you can consider it some solid cross-training, didn't get any riding in, but I did do 2h on the trainer monday night. Had a good leg workout yesterday, got the squatting weight up to 275 for 6 reps and made a goal to get to 350 for 5 reps by the end of christmas break. Still haven't started yoga yet :(

Did 2h on the trainer today while watching Superbad (best movie of all time) and then dressed up and went out for a ride. The rain had just stopped and there were big puddles everywhere on the road and there were no completely dry spots. Rode out to West Lincoln/Silverdale and the smell of the chicken farms out there reminded me of the weekend. It looked like a scene from Twister because of the flat landscape and a completely black sky. No sooner did I notice this that it started to downpoor, I decided to press on... time to man up I told myself. There are no more excuses, it's just a little water.

Held 46km/h pretty easily on 20 mile road coming home, when I turned onto Wessel then Effingham I realised that I had an intense tailwaind that I was now taking straight on. Could barely see the road with the rain hitting my face insanely hard and my glasses were getting pretty useless at this point too. Took the downhills suprisingly fast and finished with Saylor's Hill again.

Coming back into my neighbourhood I felt like I had just taken on the world and with a couple of my cycling neighboors outside just coming home from work I through the hands up in the air and shouted "Victoire" (victory in french) haha and went on home to shower and refuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment