Monday, November 9, 2009

DOMS

Stands for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, not a medical condition but I've got this big time ! Did my first upper body weight training session since before the race season started in april on friday and I can barely unbend my arms today. Started feeling pain saturday and I volunteered that night until 3am for my friend's dad's cancer fundraiser. Carrying full and empty cases of beer stacked 3-4 high plus bringing the whole sound system there (basement = stairs) and back home makes for another tough night on the arms. Yesterday it started to get better during my hockey game with some rub-A535, but by night-time I couldn't find a comfortable sleeping position.

Today my arms are a bit better but still unable to unbend them completely without help from the other arm and some intense pain. Still haven't found my goggles (good excuse ? haha) so friday's cool-down swim was 300m (looking to get that up to 500m next week).

I've been off the bike for 12 days now and it feels like 12 weeks. 5 days til my bike fit appointment and a post 50ish km ride. Going to join the Short Hills Cycling Club 2nd Annual Fall Fartfest for a casual trail ride and some food. It has turned into a fundraiser for Ashleigh's (a member of that club) recovery from an unfortunate accident. Hope all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment