Monday, November 16, 2009

Learn something new every ride

Got my bike fitted Saturday morning, Rick from BikeFit was a huge help and right from the first pedal stroke I knew that it was perfect. Didn't have to change the stem but the new 172.5mm crankarms are on and that 2.5mm (in a full circle it ends up being 5mm) makes a huge difference. Went for a 2h test-ride Saturday afternoon with my neighboor Reg "The Tractor" Bolduc, even at 55(ish) he can climb anything. The knee felt pretty good, started to get a little stiff by then end of the ride but that it to be expected on the first time back when you are riding hills and finish with Saylor's Hill.

Yesterday was the SHCC FartFest, a good 2h trail ride then some amazing chili. Good people, good food, good ride, great times. Knee never really bothered me on the mtb, could be because of the extra float with the eggbeaters and your position is changing constantly. Solo 2:45 ride today out to Silverdale then Rockway and, once again, finished with Saylor's while being in the middle of a massive bonk.

Things learnt over the weekend (for me the weekend is Sat-Mon)

-A bowl of cornflakes and a coffee is not enough to fuel a good afternoon ride
-Whistling at a deer won't make it come running to you like a dog
-My road shoes are too big for me = another purchase
-Music doesn't make me forget about my bonk

2 comments: