Thursday, January 7, 2010

Found power... now where's my endurance at ?

Some big plans for training over this 3 week break from school went down the drain between getting sick and having to work alot. All this snow on the massive farm I work at means lots of snow shovelling... I'm not talking a driveway or two, I'm talking a whole 200 by 50 foot ice rink hand shovelled and much more around the house. Having to do 1000 squat repeats a day to lift the snow over the snow bank builds some good glutes. I have also hit the gym quite a few times to lift some iron, squatting weight is going up; now at 315 for 5 reps.

Taking this long of a break off the bike and eating alot of unhealthy foods in big quantities scares me a little for my planned trainer ride tomorow while I watch a movie. The 2010 dates are out now for road and the race season should be planned by this weekend. There will be a defenite peak for the Road Champs (Elliott Lake weekend Aug. 14-15) and the XC Champs (Aug. 22). Depending on how this base stuff goes I might be able to squeeze in 2-3 peaks, 3 might be pushing it depending on how good me and The Coach (JF Bérubé) and his boss (Nat Labre) plan it.

Hopefully get into a good training schedule over the next week.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you couldn't join the Coach and the Boss and me for some hill repeats on Thursday.

    Alain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know haha I couldn't bring myself to it, I know I know I'm getting soft

    ReplyDelete