Friday, January 22, 2010

Lovin the cross bike

Took off from the house just a little before 2 with a 3ish hour loop in mind, going north on Church St. I met up with superstar Brandon Etzl and Ironman Bryan Sheldon. Made a U-Turn and joined them for a ride through North Pelham, pretty much did the whole StCCC tuesday night hilly race course. Finished the ride with Saylor's Hill which felt alot tougher today then the last time I rode it, but that was on the road bike. Total ride time was a little over 2:20, weather has been very cooperative lately for outdoor riding.

On a sadder note, went to the doctor's and he pointed out a problem on my ECG (electrocardiogram), he thinks there is a part of my heart with a thick muscle that can be getting in the way of oxygenated-deoxygenated blood transfer. Had a more detailed test of the heart called an echocardiogram, the same thing they would use to check out a baby before it's born. Results are sent out to my doctor, the day after the Frostbike I'm getting hooked up to a heart monitor for 48 hours and then I'll get the final diagnosis I guess. When I go riding with it hooked up to me I'm going to ask for a copy of the data for that time, some free high(ish)-tech testing.

Long steady flat endurance ride planned for tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment