Sunday, January 17, 2010

I moved ?

I took a pedal stroke and for the first time since Dec. 22 the bike actually moved and I got somewhere. Right from the start I was getting flashbacks from the insane ride De Cal and I did a little while back on our road bikes in 3 inches of snow/slush and ice. This ride really focused on keeping balance with a really high cadence. In rough snow/ice you can push as hard as you want but you won't get anywhere. Winter riding is pretty sick, on colder and windier days it can get pretty miserable but today it was pretty warm for a day in January.

The pace is always good when I go riding with The Coach, got in a good 2:30 before going back and making some progress on the race schedule. A couple races are in the air now, but we'll see how the season starts and go from there. First race is 3 weeks away, no special prep for it, just a fitness test.

No comments:

Post a Comment