Monday, January 25, 2010

There's no place like home, there's no place like home

Did a rode ride with the cx bike out to Silverdale today, of course I had to pick to go out to wide open farm land on the windiest day of the year. As I was approaching Silverdale I'm pretty sure I saw Aunty Anne flying around on her rocking chair way up in the sky. On a serious note, I did get attacked by a flying tin-foil lid, I could barely stay on the road (and moving forward), and I seen a bird in the sky trying to fly the same direction I was riding but his efforts were useless as he remained stationary. I felt alot like that bird today. A ride that would have normally taken me just over an hour took 2:30.

Still no results on the heart test, apparently my doctor uses the 1940's technology of mailing the results instead of the modern electronic exchanges of information so this could take more than a week.

Just got off the phone with The Coach, still some minor tweakage to do on the training schedule but it's getting there. I'm going to start posting my intended training schedule for the week on Mondays for anyone that cares.

Tomorow is a rest day, although I don't deserve one because I slept in too late on Sunday, woke up in time for hockey. This would not have been a problem before, with the indoor training centre set up, but The Bible says that if you miss a training day forget about it, move on, that's what I'll do.

2 comments:

  1. I rode that wind day :P nuts for me too 1:20 out 45 back :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man, I think I made it out of my smallest gear twice.

    ReplyDelete