Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Work then more work

Started work later than usual this morning, 10am, seems the catchers were slow as hell. I'm getting much more efficient at cleaning the barn and I convince myself that it will transfer over to the bike. It's good for strength building that's for sure.

Headed out around 3:15 with blue skies and lots of sun shine, oh yeah, and WIND. Very, very strong winds today. I had 4x6min intervals planned with 3 minutes of recovery in between, I headed down by the river to warm up then made my way North to start the intervals with a tailwind. I felt super strong through the first two and really felt the burn by the third one. After three I was on 8th Ave. heading east, so the fourth one was through a combination of crosswind and headwind depending on which way the road was curving. This one was really though but I pushed through and made my way over to Decew.

I decided to do one more after going down the wall, I pushed really hard through the headwind in the valley between both hills and I was really suffering trying to stay above threshold on the climb. With the stopwatch going I was able to time myself up the climb, starting at the 40km/h sign to the top was 2:45, not bad. However I still had a minute to go on the watch so hammered after the crest, made a quick right turn and finished it off with a sprint up the first hill on Cataract. High cadence spin in to the headwind on the way home.

It just started to rain now, I was hoping for some mtbing tomorow with a 5-20-5 tempo with equal rest thrown in. I guess it's gonna be 3h on the road with a 5min tempo then the St.CCC ITT which takes around 20min followed by another 5min tempo. Should be fun after a full day of shit removal, gotta make up for todays half-day.

If anyone needs some high quality chicken manure for their lawn, garden or to place in a glass bowl in your living room and call it pot-pourri, let me know. You'll have the best garden in the neighborhood, guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment