Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm running out of names for titles

Just sippin on some Sleepy Time tea right now to make sure I pass right out after the movie I'm watching, gotta get a whole bunch of sleep for tomorow's interval session. I've emailed De Cal about the 5min of 30s on/30s off, I'd like to do a few of those, ride around a bit to pull myself back together then move on to some cruise intervals. I'll post up tomorow on what I do and how they go, if all goes well then I shouldn't be able to walk until I go into work Thursday morning.

The reason for the needed sleep is that testosterone took over on yesterday's youth mtb ride with Etzl, Perry, Hopkins, and myself pushing a little too hard for a rest day. A pretty dumb decision, mostly on my part, you'd think I would be the last one to push hard on a rest day after what I went through a month ago that stayed with me for a long ass time. A good ride though, I'm surprised how well the two roadies ride the trails even after being away from the dirt for so long, Perry still had mud on his bike from September, maybe earlier. We have come to an agreement that there will be no more of that.

On my way in to work this morning I thought that it was another one of those days that would be freezing in the morning then the sun would come out and make it perfect for a tuesday night hammerfest. Not the case, at all, it got colder and the shit storm rolled in. My hands and feet were numb by the time I got there, as I approached the baseball diamond I seen cars pulling out in groups of 5. Even if it was cancelled, I came to rip my legs apart in the freezing cold rain so that's what I was gonna do. 8 of us had the same thing in mind, although some of us were questioning our decision after 30 seconds, mainly me and Etzl. I had no excuse though, having the most layers on and some wool socks.

The ride went well, we rode hard, when the pace settled there would be an attack within 15s from someone who was either too cold or pissed about getting someone's road spray in the face. Noah was launching some good ones, one was bound to stick, and it did. Three though juniors, they were gone, Etzl kept launching and got some good gaps quickly but with no one to work with he couldn't bridge. We cut the "crit" one lap short and Etzl tried to set up something good for me but he pushed a little hard and he was gone. I felt my bike bobbing a little towards the end and realised I flatted, the air held in time to get me to the sign.

Big thanks to Moote for letting me chill in his car while I waited for my dad, nice ride by everyone who came out today, good commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment