Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another 24h week

Yesterday's club ride went a little longer than usual, met Csikos and Hopkins on Cataract and made it to the chip shop on time to start the ride. The pace was easy, as usual, heading in to Jordan. Afterwards it was a bunch of hills and echelons, I wasn't feeling too bad but my legs were very stiff then became very sore. Could have been the fact that it wasn't warm enough for shorts at 7 in the morning, but I don't have arm or leg warmers to peel off, just underarmor so I dressed for the 9am weather. Or it could have been Friday's ride.

I peeled off heading towards Smithville and followed Hopkins, Csikos, and Wes who wanted to climb one last hill. Quarry isn't too bad at all, but it sure as hell hurts when you're legs weigh 800 pounds. I was expecting to hammer from Jordan to Smithville, but with the detour I had already done 130km and I wasn't even home yet. We stopped at a corner store for some kick-ass cookies which gave me enough fuel to make it home, nearly 140km and close to 5 hours later.

Today was a mixture of gnarly, radical, and serious. I headed over to Hardwood with De Cal for some pure awesomeness, we rode every trail there and decided that an extra lap of the o-cup course was not going to happen after finishing the ride with Radical. Before doing this trail, we thought that Gnarly was the longest one, so we debated whether to go back to the car to fill up our bottles or not. Good thing we did because this trail went on forever, it was defenitely the toughest trail physical wise, not too sure if it's the toughest technical trail, it felt like it but maybe that's just because I was starting to fatigue after chassing around an Elite rider all day. Now that I think of it, all the methane that was being shot into my face could have weakened me as well, there was only one that went by that I didn't get 2 solid whiffs of, only because we were on a switchback. Thankfully, no triple whiffers.

What an awesome day, I can't get over how sick the trails are, when I'm older and I have millions of dollars that fell from the sky I'm going to build an exact replica of that place in my backyard. Phrases along the lines of "that was cool" or "that was awesome" were repeated at least 35 times.

Big thanks to AD for the drive.

Looking forward to a few more trips there this year, it's always a good time at Hardwood.

Tomorow there is alot of grass to cut at the farm, nothing like some quality time with the push-mower and weed-whacker on a recovery day. Tuesday is the hilly course, we'll be doing the Niagara Classic course 4 times or so and I've got plans for a good 3-4 more climbs up Saylor's before calling it a day. We'll see how she goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment