Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Night Youth Club

After a day of work around the house, mostly the garage, to make room for my bike-repair centre, I loaded up the truck and headed to Brock to meet the club. Yeah, I know, driving there is weak but mondays are my active recovery days so a 2h (usually 1.5h ride time) trail ride is perfect. As I was heading there it started to rain harder and harder, by the time I was at Brock it was coming down pretty good so I was thinking it would be a dump ride to work on skills which would have been fine by me.
We headed towards the trails despite the short rain fall and to our surpise they were not bad at all, a little soft heading towards the 8x12 along the creek. The 8x12 itself seemed like it would be soft so we avoided any damage to Marv's hard work. Since last week wasn't so hard on training I decided to give a few good efforts today, nothing Etzl couldn't shut down and easily counter with his team mate Hopkins close behind. I felt pretty good, my legs would burn any time I put an effort in but I wasn't exhausted.
We rode up Hogsback then some horse trail it was insanely humid and the rest of the trails we rode were bone dry. Somehow anything around Brock got much less rain than closer to suzanne's, even right after the rain fall the stuff around Brock was dry.
It was a great ride with some good guys, as usual. Even though I'm one of the guys that is supposed to be helping out the youth, I find myself learning from guys like Kirbie and Lemon (though he wasn't out tonight, back injury, get better soon man) and now even Etzl seems to have much more knowledge than myself.
Sorry for the lack of pressing enter, blogger isn't letting me tonight for some reason

Looks good, now I just need some mechanical knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment