Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's a start

Mtb is still at the shop to ITT on the road bike it was, about 14km out at Silverdale with 2 out and backs. These fit perfectly into my schedule once every 4 weeks, on rest weeks. Ride out at a pretty good pace (45min) to get the heart rate up, 20(ish) minute effort then ride home easy (1h). Makes for just over 2 hours of riding and opens up the legs pretty good.

Holtzman was giving me some pointers on how to tackle the course, I tried to keep them in mind but when it's go time I have a hard time pacing myself when it's such a short effort. The St.CCC junior TTT were my minute men so no chance for a catch there, I was Noah's minute man so at least I had someone to run away from. Felt pretty shitty on the first out and back on Silverdale rd. but picked it up and felt great on my way out on Sixteen. I almost wiped out on the U-Turn after taking it a little too fast and ending up on the gravel, a short sprint and the time was made up. I might have pushed too big of a gear on my way back in the headwind but I felt good.

The ITT is an awesome gauge to see where you're at since it's not long enough to bring about any fatigue to carry over to the weekend but it's long enough to bring on the pain for the time being. Maybe if I get a Thursday off in the next 3 weeks I can get my hill work done early in the am and get a ride out there to do to ITT in the pm, pretty unlikely. 21:47 isn't bad, but it's not great, it's a start. Something to build on.

No comments:

Post a Comment