Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Never-ending chase

Had no Internet yesterday so today's blogroll took a while with the racing that went on this weekend, that's cool though, after a ride I like to read about riding so the more written the better. It seems half the posts I read were about crashing these past few days, from what I can remember Emily Batty, Guthrie, Kinsie, Dawson, Trevor, k I'm pretty tired but you get the point.

Yesterday's recovery ride went a little longer than expected at 2.5hrs, apparently the ferry closes at 1 on holidays, oh well. Good ride with Csikos and Hopkins through Pelham and the outskirts of Niagara Falls, all flat, just the way I like my R&R rides.

Got a solid 2 hours of sleep last night, this year all my friends my age are turning 19 so there may or may not be a few more nights like that. Farm this morning for 9am and it was freakin hot! Dragged some bags of shavings around in a barn with lime all over the floor for a couple hours and whatnot, fun times.

Pretty cooked when I got home, passed out for a bit and woke just before 5:30 in time to head out to the tuesday night race. Flat course today, I don't want to see Effingham for a few more days anyways. The pack was just leaving when I got there, Noah and myself were signing in as they rode off and by the time we took off they were nearly out of sight. We chassed, and chassed, and chassed, picked up Moote and Guy VK who dropped off the pack but just couldn't close it. After a couple more laps we knew we wouldn't close by the end, even after picking up Rob Visser who dropped off the pack. 8 laps of chassing full out leaves little energy for a sprint, I was feeling good today, did lots of pulling, if this wouldn't have been Noah's first ride in a couple weeks after getting hit by a car we probably could have closed it in a couple laps.

I don't think I'll be riding tomorow, working on the farm in the am and washing some dishes in the pm, Thursday will be either be the ITT or some trail riding. I'm hoping to see single-digit results from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment