Sunday, May 30, 2010

Another typical Saturday

I'm not expecting too too much out of myself in 4 hours time, top 10 would be sick but maybe pushing it. After spreading shavings in a barn filled with lime for a few hours I was pretty tired, my boss and I sat down for a break and we were discussing today's racing schedule. I mentionned the Pro/Elites take off at 11:30 and he asked a two-part question that has stuck with me. "When are you going to be at that level and more importantly, why aren't you there yet?". It's not like I don't put enough time in the saddle, not enough intensity? Not enough structure? Well, Chown has been helping me out but this week was a rest week so hopefully my form comes around when I start training smarter.

I got home yesterday with enough time to cut the neighboor's lawn (side job) and get a 1.5h spin done with some jumps before heading off to the club to wash some dishes. "It'll only be until 10 o'clock" she said, so I was home by 11:30, nice. Of course you can't just get home and magically fall asleep so bed time was a little into the am hours.

So why am I not there yet? I want to be, that's a start haha. I'm not going to upgrade if I find myself with 260 points but never cracking the top 5. Maybe I don't rest hard enough, I get the training done either after a hard day at work so right away I'm not 100% there or I have the day off and get in an awesome day, chill, then wake up early in the morning getting ready for another day at work. Getting another workout done after that shift almost seems counter-productive since you become stronger during rest. That's pretty much what my schedule has been like for the past little while.

Anyways, enough ranting, I'm not one to feel sorry for myself I'm just waiting for my dad to finish breakfast and I thought I'd post something. Of course I'm not the only one who has a physically demanding job with alot of hours while trying to squeeze in 20 hour weeks, that's just the way she goes.

See you all in a couple hours.

1 comment:

  1. A physical job and those kind of training hours is a lot to demand from your body. I sit at a desk monday to friday, am not putting in those kind of hours on the bike and still think I need to rest more, train less but train harder when I do.

    You're very strong, but if you're going into the races tired, or anything less than fresh you won't be able to punch out the efforts needed to stay up there. I hope you can figure it out and get up there, because you certainly put in the work.

    ReplyDelete