Thursday, May 20, 2010

So this week's mishaps

This week was supposed to be the third week of my Base 3, the third week is supposed to be the hardest with a rest week waiting on the other side of the weekend. I'm still taking next week as a rest week going in to Hardwood then I'll be starting my Build 1. This week was pretty much a rest week, not by choice, but that's just the way she goes.

Monday was a recovery ride, felt alright, my legs were feeling it from the weekend.

Tuesday I had a great warm up and was feeling pumped to ride the Niagara Classic course at race pace with some fast guys. While signing in and shooting the shit I noticed my brake was rubbing, centered it, still rubbing. Backed it off a bit and spun it to see a crazy wobble then Holtzman pointed out that my spoke was broken, the good news was, said Chown, that I can probably use the rest. Fair enough, I rode home and chilled out for the rest of the night.

Wednesday I planned on doing a hot lap of the 8x12 in each direction, once I got to the trail I heard a loud ticking noise and realised that my hub (or something) came loose and there was some good play in my wheel. Last year the exact same thin happened while pre-riding at Mountainview, by the time I realised it all the shops were closed but some guy came over and stuck an allen key in each side, tightened and it was good to go. The last two times this happened to me I tried the same thing but it didn't work, nothing the LBS can't handle.

Today was my day off work, got a text from a friend reminding me that we were working at the club to wash some dishes. This left me with little time to drop off the money for some XT shifters (that I might "unlock"), drop off what need to be fixed at Liberty! (the new shop is saweeet) before heading back to Port Robinson to wash some dishes. It all worked out. Afterwards I gave a nice clean up to my road bike before taking it out for some 10min intervals. The plan was to do 3 and see if I was going to be good for a fourth, I was feeling really good even with only 3min recovery in between and wasn't loosing much power at all... Until the third one, with a minute and 30 to go I started to feel week but pushed through and decided to call it a day.

Getting fueled up and destinked to watch the Habs come back from a 2 game deficit, last I checked it was 1-0 with 13 or so to go in the first.

Just got a call from Derek M. from Liberty!, my wheel was to be ready for Saturday but it's ready to go now. Siiiiick, thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment