Monday, October 5, 2009

Painless Jog ?

After 6h of studying nothing was sticking anymore so I figured the best way to clear things up there was some fresh air and exercise. By the time I would have gotten on the bike and got some momentum it would have started to get dark. The joggers were sitting right there so I figured "what the hell". I don't have to worry too much about compartment syndrome kicking in because there are no races to be ready for.

My goal was +/- 5min/km. To give some perspective on what that is for me, exactly 2 years ago (while being coached by JF) I was able to hold 3:35/km for 7k. A textbook 5min/k it was, crossing the black line on my street (where I start all my measurements from) the watch read 20:00 and the distance was 4k. Perfect, but the best part: NO COMPARTMENT SYNDROME !!! I'm not saying it's gone because one speedwork session and I would be unable to walk. This, however, tells me that there had been improvement and a full recovery without surgery is not impossible. So no surgery for me, for now, and I'm going to start this distance 3-4x a week and see how things go:)

Back to the books for another 3-4h it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment