Sunday, October 25, 2009

Let's try and look on the bright side here...

Ride started off today like it did the past few days; cold, windy, and a sharp pain in my right knee. Started off with a 40km/h tempo on Cataract which wasn't too hard to hold with a nice tailwind. Got into St. Catharines, rode another 15 minutes before meeting up with the Short Hills Cycling Club. The ride was good and organised today and there were some pretty good climbs.

On to the bright side stuff... my Dura-Ace front derailleur was feeling a little heavy so when it suddenly broke in half, I thought hhhmmm, I just saved myself a few grams FOR FREE! Right on. Being stuck in small in the front wasn't so bad, made the mistake of trying to put 'er in the big ring. On to Saylor's Hill which seemed alot shorter and easier than usual today which is always sweet. After 65km the pain in my right knee kicked in, this time it was bad. I broke off from the group and started heading home. Another 6km in my smallest gear and that was it for the right leg, time for some one legged pedalling. Even with my right leg suspended in the air the pain was really sharp in that position. With only 5km to go til I'm home I called it quits and my dad came and got me. It turned out to be such a nice day that my 72km total pissed me right off. Today could have been an easy 120km. No bright side here... well, I do have more time to study now.

I'm going to get my road bike fitted tomorow. Maybe the pain is from my cleet position, seat height, saddle placement. I hope it's the bike fit thats doing it and not another sport-ending injury like my compartment syndrome for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment