Monday, October 12, 2009

9h weekend

This weekend was sick. Saturday was a 4h day in the saddle, the roads were super-slick because it had poured earlier but I had good tires for it. Rode around for 1:30 before meeting up with a group to do a hilly 2:30 hour ride. Went hard on the climbs and super-easy on the descents. We rode on some roads more suitable for a cross bike and most had them, a few even had hardtails. Would have made for a longer ride because I still had to make it home but my tire blew out my sidewall while leaving Tim Horton's and I wasn't even riding ! Oh well, better it happened there then descending one of the hills on Cataract and a forced walk home. Managed to get a ride from Rob W, thanks man !

Sunday was a 5h day with a freezing (I believe it was 3 degres) and windy 1h ride into St. Catharines to meet relatively the same group (Shorthills Cycling Club) for a 3h pretty much flat course then a 1h ride back home. Climbing the locks in thorold at the end with a super-strong headwind was fun. Got home at 1:45pm just in time to take off for my 2 oclock hockey game. First time out on the ice this year and man can you ever tell. My first shift was about 25sec, in a pick-up league that is pretty embarassing. Got home and ate back all the calories I had burned both days and then some, it was awesome.

Woke up this morning after a 14h sleep feeling pretty good minus the saddle sores, I feel fine now. All in all, off-season training is going great so far.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody !

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, juste une p'tite note pour te dire que lire ton blogue en buvant un café fait partie de ma routine du dimanche. Fun reading, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci beaucoup, je lis ton blog à toutes les fois que je check mon email

    ReplyDelete