Monday, February 1, 2010

Just needed a little inspiration

After a poor weekend of training (2h on the trainer and hockey) I started to feel shitty, especially with the race coming up in a week. Reading De Cal's use of the shitty weather I was inspired to climb. Got home from class and the sun was shinning, stuff was melting so I dressed for above 0 temps. Of course when I get outside the sun goes away and the wind picks up. After 10mins I turned around and head home to add a layer NOW I was off. Took an extra long way to DeCew, including the ATV trail down right beside the canal and claiming victory over The Mill trail that had me down a few times last time I rode it. Didn't have to use my insane dismount-and-run cyclocross skills once.

Made it to the bottom of the climb with 1:20 ride time. Rode the longer one a couple times, then the steeper straight one, then went into the 8x12 trails on the initial climb and just kept alternating between the 3 until I hit 2h. The longer climb on DeCew has to be my favourite climb in the region, it's pretty steep and weaves quite a bit... Makes you feel like you're climbing in The Tour for a whole 5 minutes. Refuelled on the go then headed home on the roads. Total was just under 2:45 ride time, now I feel good.

1 comment: