Monday, February 15, 2010

A hilly day it was

The day started off pretty much the earliest it gets for me, I was picked up at 8:20 to go for a trail run through the Short Hills with The Coach, his boss, and Boston marathon qualifier Alain Deschamps who brought me in to endurance racing with cross country in grade 3. The pace was set high and the ice on the hills made for some extra effort to get up. Many hills were climbed and talk of old times brought some good laughs. Got a call from De Cal and set up a training ride that sounded like it would hurt quite a bit, especially since I was running up a hill trying to get enough oxygen in to stay upright never mind talk to the maniac on the other end of the line that wanted to ride saylor's hill a few times. We got back to the parking lot on Wiley rd. with just over an hour of running or 10-11k.

Got back home for some fuel and more coffee before heading out and meeting De Cal right at the bottom of saylor's, perfect. A quick u-turn and the legs were feeling it, 4 laps of the Niagara Classic later and I was toast. This guy would not let up on that climb, by the top when I was barely able to breath he would shift it up a couple times and stand up only to make the hill look like a little bitch as he hammered over the crest. We made our way over to North Pelham for a few more hills and realised that we got quite a bit of ride time in compared to what it felt like.

I got home with over 3h but under 3.5h, I only expected to get in 2 at the most after that run. This topped off a pretty big week as I head in to a forced rest week, the chickens are being shipped out from the barn tomorow so lots of shit will be shoveled. The week after is reading week so a good recovery will be needed to get in a massive week before I start my Base 1.

Oh ya, almost forgot, CANADA WINS GOLD IN CANADA !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment