Sunday, February 14, 2010

km/h or h/km ?

Went out for a 3ish hour ride today with The Coach, his boss ran 20k yesterday so a rest day was needed. We hit some trails around Thorold that I have never ridden before. There was a huge selection of atv trails that ran in every direction. Speed wasn't important today, staying upright sure was. It got pretty frustrating at some points, but it was a great core and upper body workout. Took some of the pain away from the legs that was leftover from the last couple days. Couldn't keep the crash count under 20 today, maybe sometime soon I will be in the single digits.

Got back to his house and all the time spent not-so-rubberside-down had me frozen. Had some fuel before getting picked up to go home for some more fuel to be ready for a little game of hockey. I find skating to be great cross-training, it mimics the sweat I would get during a spin class. I have yet to do one of those this year. Speaking of skating, Canada won their first medal today (I think it was the first) in the 3000m women's long track speedskating, 'twas a bronze.

Super-early trail run tomorow and possibly some hill reps to get my workout over-with before I tackle a massive pile of homework. School eh, only 2 months of it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment