Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shut Up Legs!

Laying in bed right now, extremely tired, might fall asleep before I finish writting this. When I wake up I'll make my way over to Liberty! to pick up the rear wheel and drop off the front, going tubeless now with Stan's ZTR 355's.

Quick recap of my training during this week off work, complete day off Monday, somehow I still slept in Tuesday and had to get some stuff done before heading out in the afternoon. I rode for an hour and a half before the club race working on my sprint, 15 or so full out efforts and a grind up Saylor's and it was time to start the workout. Chown, Holtzman, Noah and the cadets were absent so Csikos, Wolfgang and myself attacked and attacked until everyone was looking a little cross eyed and we got in the workout we wanted. I don't really remember riding home but I sure remember getting an awesome night's sleep.

Wednesday's recovery spin went a little longer than planned when I took a few roads that I ride all the time in the off-season and had a total brain fart on Four Mile Creek rd. when I had no idea which direction I was heading. For some reason I didn't think I was going the right way but after a few side road turn arounds I stayed on that road and eventually ended up on York right on track. Easy(ish) 3:15 spin with Tuesday's 3.5, the heat was really getting to me.

I don't even want to remember Thursday's ride, you see, when you go out and do tempo and hill reps with De Cal it hurts, alot. Csikos and I met De Cal at the top of DeCew and formed a mini echelon holding 35 in the headwind (reading Max's computer) until Smithville. De Cal showed us how to sprint then we eased up a bit and headed North, met up with Stan Ambus who was considering doing Woolverton, but doubted it and we managed to get a Woolverton climb and 2 Fifty climbs out of him. After 2 Woolverton climbs we had to fill up our bottles and headed back up for the third. By the time we climbed Fifty and McNeilly 3 times each we had to refill again. It was brutally hot, I must have wiped my lenses 30 times. Single file this time and with more of a crosswind we held 40 (38-44 sais Max) along the bottom of the escarpement. The only downfall coming home along the bottom is that to get home you have to go back up again. We took DeCew and had to stop at the Mill to refill again. Nearly 8 tallys of water to get through that 5h ride.

Yesterday I headed out for a mountain bike ride with the coach, we rode for about 2.5hrs around some trails in Thorold and Brock, my legs were yelling at me to stop but the fun-factor of mountain biking was enough to keep the pedals turning until I got home. I didn't think I would have enough gas for today but I felt surprisingly good on the climbs, I "worked like a dog" as Max put it. Had nothing left for a blue sign sprint which is a good thing because I wanted to leave it all out on the climbs. I'm still awake but just barely, my legs are very angry and after 18 hours this week so far they are going to have to listen to me for one more day before I can shut 'er down. I don't think they'll listen if I ask them to take me through a pre-ride of the CDMBR course with the youth club Monday night even though I don't work that day either but for tomorow they are just going to have to shut up as Jens would say.

1 comment:

  1. You'll love the weight of those rims dude. Thats what im running now. They're crazy light but I have to true them every 2 weeks and Im snapping spokes every week. I have the 29er's so they're a little more maintenance, you should have no prob.

    ReplyDelete