Monday, July 5, 2010

Pre-trip ramblage

Great Tour stage today, too bad some guys are willing to deal with the conditions while others are complaining about it. Come on, to race in a race like that you must have ridden more hours in the rain in a week then I've ridden this year, when the road is wet it's slippery. Maybe I'm missing something but there's no possible way a protest can be supported by the argument that "we crashed because we were ripping down a slippery road at Mach 10 on skinny bald tires and had no idea where the front group was". Anyways, it was good to see a Frenchman race such an amazing race to take the win and claim the yellow jersey with a gap big enough for at least a couple of days.

So I'm sitting in my room now, after a much needed stop at Liberty!, and I'm procrastinating about packing enough stuff to go up North for the rest of the week. This trip was supposed to be for 2 reasons, family time (of course) and to be very close to Buckwallow so I can do my training as quick as possible to leave more time for family bonding. Well, paps decides to book a place 1h20min away haha, we'll see how this pans out. I'll be bringing my laptop up to see if I can get some wifi somewhere to post up about the course and ramble on about a few things that I can't ramble about with the family.

Brought my dad's new whip home today from the shop, a Specialized Allez, surprised him with a receipt indicating paid in full. Hopefully that softens him up a bit to let me take his truck to the course, he cares way too much about that thing, if anything in the back box is moved out of place he gives me shit for driving like an animal because if things moved then that means I took my corners too fast or I was too heavy on the accelerator.

Anyways, I wrote a bit too much for a day that I didn't even ride. Better start packing so I can get to bed soon, the dog will make sure it's an early morning. I'm good with that, the earlier the morning the sooner I'm riding some amazing trails just a little ways North of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment