Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some efforts

Tuesday night was sick, 4-man breakaway got formed halfway through the first lap and stuck for the remaining 9.5, I felt good throughout the warm up and did 3 sets of 5 jumps to work on my sprint form and to open the legs up a bit. With a long warm up, the race and the ride home I get in a good 3 hours of saddle time which is perfect before a night time munch out.

The same night time munch out is goin down right now following tonights workout. I was on my way out to Park and Mountainview to do some climbing and passed by the start of the ITT, stopped for a couple minutes to take in a banana since I didn't get much time to eat after work and had a chat with Glouco. It was decided that I'd do the ITT and then Saylor's 3 times on the way home, I wasn't really feeling lots of hill reps anyways after today's work so that was perfect. I spun around and did a few hard efforts/jumps for the next half hour before the start of the TT, the TT itself wasn't so good, legs felt like rubber going in to the wind. It seems my aero position isn't low enough, no argument there, I might try a 110mm stem versus my 100 and see what gives.

Spun towards home easy, with a couple attacks of course, then everyone had split and it was just me and Hopkins left to battle on Effingham. Three tough reps with a good sprint at the top and we were both thankful it was downhill all the way home.

Tomorow is an easy day, unfortunately I'll be washing some dishes tomorow night after the club ride but that's cool since I race at 10:45 instead of 8:30 on Sunday. Yeah, I sent in a request to upgrade and now one of my goals for the season is no longer achievable. That's alright, I'll make it up with some solid placings in S3.

I know I've said this a few times but I love having Wednesday as a rest day, I didn't realise how tired I was yesterday after working on the farm, I went to wash dishes at night and passed out at 9:30. I rode in to work this morning still yawning a bit even after over 10 hours of sleep. Also, I can go that much harder when I'm supposed to go hard which makes it so much easier to go super-easy on recovery days (didn't want to use easy 3 times in the same sentence).

Oh yeah, I might be lactose intolerant, hopefully not because I love milk but I guess I wouldn't have such a hard time switching over to some Parve stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment