Friday, June 25, 2010

Papa's like a rolling stone

Pap's has informed me that he's on the fence about staying over in Jamestown tomorow night, like it would be better to come home and go back again Sunday morning at the crack of dawn. I'm not down for that at all, I should use the "I just went to the bike shop and paid for your bike (minus his deposit)" line but I want to keep that a surprise for when he picks it up.

Now I can get started on turning his 1972 steel framed bianci in to a singlespeed/fixie with a small gear to build up some leg speed. By get started I mean most likely pay someone to do it and teach me as they go along. Should be a pretty sweet ride.

Yesterday's ride hurt a bit with some sprints and attacks and whatnot, my top end decided it wasn't going to come along with me for the ride so the sprints were slow and painful. It's all good though, I feel pretty recovered today and hopefully when I wake up at 5:45 tomorow morning I feel ready to race S1/S2. It should be a good workout trying to keep up with the big boys, looking forward to it. STXC in the afternoon will be a fun time, last year Chown won by 2 laps on his cx rig, someone has to push him for at least a lap or two.

Hopefully the rain holds off for both races but if it were to rain for one of them I'd pick the road race because after KW, I feel pretty confident racing on slick roads. I'm still a plug when it comes to racing on slick rocks and roots, hopefully a week of riding Buckwallow will change that. More on that later.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment